By using this Website, you further represent and warrant that you are 18 years old or older, and that you are otherwise legally qualified to enter into contracts under applicable law. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT OR ARE NOT LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THIS WEBSITE.
1. No Attorney Client Relationship. We provide this Site for general informational purposes only. Because HLO, APC is a law firm and some of the information on the Site relates to legal topics, no attorney client relationship is created between you and us when you use the Site. By using the Site, you agree that the information on this Site does not constitute legal or other professional advice and you further agree that no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and HLO, APC, absent the mutual execution by you and us of a written representation agreement. Do not consider the Site to be a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state. The information on the Site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date. While we try to revise the Site on a regular basis, it may not reflect the most current legal developments.
If you would like HLO, APC to represent you, you should complete our online contact form. If the matter in connection with which you seek representation involves other parties, be sure to list each and every one of them on the online case submission form. If we agree to represent you, it will inform you by email and/or telephone, and will provide a written representation agreement articulating the terms and conditions of the representation. Unless and until you have executed and returned that representation agreement along with any agreed retainer, and HLO, APC has also signed, no attorney-client relationship exists.
Unless an attorney-client relationship exists between you and Heilman Law Offices, APC, you shall not represent to any third party, either directly or by implication, that you are represented by HLO, APC, or that HLO, APC is in any way involved in your matter. Without limiting the foregoing, unless an attorney-client relationship exists between you and HLO, APC, you shall not copy HLO, APC, or any attorney or employee of HLO, APC, on any emails or letters in a manner that could reasonably be interpreted by any third party to mean that you are represented by HLO, APC.
BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A CLIENT OF HEILMAN LAW OFFICES APC, INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU TO US OFFICES MAY NOT BE PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE. It is possible that HLO, APC already represents or represented a party whose interests are adverse to yours. In that case, we may not be able to treat information received from you as privileged. Be sure that you identify for us the adverse party in your first communication.
2. Consent to Receive Email. By contacting us, you consent to receive email from us.
3. Prohibited Uses. You agree not to do any of the following:
– upload or transmit content that infringes on the privacy, intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any third party;
– transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, malicious code or other harmful or destructive content;
– harm the goodwill or standing of HLO, APC or any of its clients, partners, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors or representatives;
– attempt to probe, scan, test or violate the security features of the Website or of any associated system or network, or to obtain unauthorized access to materials or other information stored thereon;
– attempt to interfere with the use of the Website by any other user.
5. Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice. Communications made through the Site’s email and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to HLO, APC or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to HLO, APC is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
7. Copyright Notice. All materials and software published on or used on the Site are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to HLO, APC, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED.
8. Commercial Use of HLO, APC Site Materials and Screen Shots. Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the HLO, APC Site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of HLO, APC. To obtain permission to copy portions of this site, please send a request through the contact page.
9. Service Mark Notice. “Heilman Law Offices, APC,” “HLO, APC”, and other related marks are service marks of HLO, APCl and are protected by law. They may be used publicly only with permission from HLP. APC. Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
10. Links to Other Sites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the Site that may be used to link to other Site(s). These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our Site visitors. HLO, APC has no control over the linked Sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked Sites. HLO, APC is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked Sites or any privacy or other practices of such Sites. If you decide to access any of the linked Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. HLO, APC reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
11. Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
(a) HLO, APC expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this Site as a result of your use of this Site, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this Site. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HLO, APC MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
(b) USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE SITE.
12. Applicable Laws; Venue. HLO, APC practices in California and makes no representations that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the Site alone does not subject HLO, APC to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the Site from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Site or to the Site materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this Site shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of California. The access, viewing or use of this Site constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of California for purposes of such actions.